Be Part of This Movement 2nd UK Yoga Conference in London – Register today!
The Minded Institute is dedicated to raising awareness about the profound benefits of yoga through a mix of cutting edge research and heart felt understanding. We are therefore delighted to be co-organizing this year’s international yoga conference in London.
Yoga and Mind-Body Health: Research and Practice – April 4th-6th, 2014
This historic event looks at the most up to date research regarding yoga’s effect on health, while offering workshops on how to use yoga to work with different clinical populations. We will be joined by the world’s top yoga researchers and renowned yoga therapists to explore yoga as an effective treatment for cardiovascular disease, respiratory conditions, metabolic disorders and neurological disorders, pain, stress and the care of cancer patients.
Yogis have long understood yoga’s profound and unique benefits and this event will provide yoga teachers and therapists with research and practices to use with clinical populations while informing healthcare workers about how to prescribe yoga. As an interface between the worlds of healthcare and yoga, Yoga and Mind-Body Health is about creating dialogue and advancing yoga’s role in healthcare throughout Europe. The full program can be viewed here. Register today and be part of this revolution!
• Dr. Luciano Bernardi (Professor of Internal Medicine at Policlinico and teaches Sports Medicine at the University of Pavia, Italy)
• Dr. Lorenzo Cohen (Professor and Director of Integrative Medicine at the University of Texas)
• Dr. Holger Cramer (Yoga Research Director at the Department of Internal and Integrative Medicine, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany)
• Dr. Kim Innes (Associate Professor at University of Virginia School of Nursing and West Virginia School of Medicine)
• Professor Sat Bir Khalsa (Director of Research for the Kundalini Research Institute, Research Director of the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School in the Department of Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston)
• Philip Stevens (neurophysiologist, sleep scientist and yoga teacher based at the Department of General Practice, Monash Medical School, Australia)
• Our own Heather Mason (as well as speaking, she will be running a workshop on yoga therapy for respiratory disorders and leading a yoga practice).
So don’t miss this exciting event. Click here to find out more and book online today.