The Minded Institute is a world leader in the development and implementation of yoga therapy and mindfulness programs for those with mental health and chronic physical health problems.
Based in the UK, we provide:
- World-leading professional yoga therapy training
- Evidence-based training and professional development for yoga teachers, therapists, and healthcare professionals
- Workshops and lectures on yoga and mental health
- High-level research informing our training programs
- Lobbying for the inclusion of yoga and yoga therapy in the NHS
Founded by Heather Mason, The Minded Institute grew out of her own personal experiences with depression and anxiety. After years of practicing yoga and meditation – experiencing first hand the profound effect these ancient disciplines can have on self-healing – Heather decided to devote her time to the creation of programs that had a positive effect on the psychological and physiological challenges that are inherent in a variety of mental and physical health issues. Combined with the extensive academic study of Buddhism, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Yoga Therapy and Mindfulness, Heather effectively combined ancient mind-body practices with modern scientific insight.