8th February 2018 - 11th February 2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Study Society 151 Talgarth Road London W14 9DA United Kingdom
Anxiety is one of the most common mental health issues plaguing our society today. Although a normal part of being alive, anxiety levels are spiralling out of control. The National Office of Stats said that from 2015-2016, 20 percent of the population experienced moderate anxiety in the last week, while 20 percent experienced high levels in the last week. That’s 40% of the UK population! Yoga is a wonderful way to reduce levels of anxiety as it jointly addresses the body and mind and has a profound positive impact on mood. However, not all yoga techniques are ideally suited to help someone who is suffering from acute levels of anxiety or an anxiety disorder and in some cases can exacerbate anxiety. To offer short term relief and long-term changes to the nervous system therapeutic yoga and appropriate well-informed yogic practice are important.
Led by Heather Mason, the founder of the Minded Institute, this 4-day skill training will provide extensive insight as to the neurophysiology and psychology of anxiety and how to use yoga therapy to treat anxiety from a mind-body-brain perspective.
Whether you are a:
- Yoga teacher who wants to offer classes that attend to your anxious students, while continuing to teach your own style of yoga,
- A yoga teacher who wants to specialize in yoga therapy for anxiety
- A mental health professional looking to integrate yogic techniques into your work
This course will provide you with the tools and understanding regarding yoga’s role in anxiety treatment, giving you clear skills to offer other greater peace, ease, and psychological resiliency.
We will cover the following:
- The neurological, psychological and yogic perspectives on anxiety
- The mechanisms underpinning yoga’s curative effects as expressed through cutting edge research on yoga, neuroscience, and the psycho-biology of stress.
- Specific ways in which yoga can be used in anxiety management.
- How to tailor specific asana, pranayama, mindfulness and relaxation exercises to work with anxiety in a mode that is both medically sound and yogically informed.
- Intelligent asana sequencing when working with anxiety populations
- How to exercise safety when working with clinical anxiety populations
- How to liaise with the medical and health care establishments
On completion of this training you will be able to:
- Teach yoga classes tailored to anxiety populations.
- Be confident in providing short and long-term yoga therapy treatment plans for those with anxiety disorders for individual clients and groups.
- Have skills to insert into an existing client practice or healthcare setting.
- Offer individual client sessions with an emphasis on anxiety reduction
Please note that this is a continuing professional development course – if you are a healthcare/ mental health practitioner or therapist, you will not become a qualified yoga teacher on the basis of this course but will learn a variety of skills and tools that you can integrate into your pre-existing practice or profession.
Your investment: £450
Register for this course
Bookings are closed for this event.