16th June 2020
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Yoga has always been a practice of balancing the mind, so it is not surprising it that it has such a profound effect on mental health. With its 8 limbs it seamlessly focuses on a host of factors that conspire to improve mood. In fact, research finds that yoga’s greatest efficacy is in mitigating depression.
In this four hour professional training, Heather Mason will:
- Review the neuropsychological reasons behind yoga’s benefit for depression
- Discuss best practices for improving depression
- Share techniques to motivate students that might struggle to begin practice
- Highlight precautions when working with depressed persons
- Provide information on how to offer a sense of connection via online sessions with clients
Heather is the founder of The Minded Institute a world leader in yoga therapy education. She holds graduate education in neuroscience, physiology, psychotherapy, and co-authored the book Yoga in Mental Health, a core text for yoga and mental health professionals, which looks at the interface between these fields and yoga. Devoted to bringing yoga practices to those in need, Heather founded the Yoga in Health Care Alliance and works towards yoga’s integration of yoga into the NHS at both the policy and grassroots level. Heather is also the secretariat of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Yoga in Society.