13th April 2020
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Anxiety was already one of the greatest health issues world-wide before the Covid-19. However, we are now in an unprecedented situation world-wide and for many people levels of anxiety are reaching a boiling point. However, with proper guidance as to relevant practices, many people can learn how to help themselves, using this international challenge for personal transformation. In this interactive 4.hrs-hour course, Heather Mason, leader in Yoga Therapy for Anxiety will share her insights into best practice for teaching yoga practices to those with anxiety. She will review:
· How anxiety presents psychologically, neurologically, and physiologically
· Why yoga is so uniquely suited for helping people reduce anxiety levels immediately and in the long-term
· Appropriate breath practices based on individual need
· The dos and don’ts of yoga postures and styles of yoga based on unique presentation o
· How to manage emotional flooding in students and clients
· Precautions and scope of practice
Founder of the Minded Institute, The Yoga in Healthcare Alliance, and Healthflix; Heather is a leading light in yoga therapy for mental health. With a background in neuroscience, physiology, and psychotherapy, and a lived experience of debilitating anxiety, PTSD, and depression; Heather has devoted her life to sharing her own personal and academic insights with professionals and patients worldwide. She is extremely devoted to bringing yoga into healthcare and in this challenging time she is offering short courses to yoga professionals to train them to meet the unprecedented levels of anxiety through yoga practice.
Register for this course
Bookings are closed for this event.