30th October 2019 - 3rd November 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Central London TBD London United Kingdom
Breath-Body-Mind™ Level-1 Teacher Training, designed by world-renowned psychiatrists Drs. Richard Brown and Patricia Gerbarg, is an intensive program that provides the basic tools for teaching simple but powerful breathing, movement, visualisation and relaxation practices for working with physical and mental health populations. Breath-Body-Mind™ practices can be incorporated into many different work settings by a wide range of care providers from classroom teachers to disaster relief workers to mental health professionals and yoga therapists.
Dr. Brown, Dr. Gerbarg and their assistants take you through rounds and teaching sequences. You will practice teaching with partners while course faculty monitor and provide feedback to improve your skills. Small group processes help increase awareness and insight.
What you will learn about:
- The neuroscience and neuropsychology of breathing exercises
- How to teach Coherent Breathing, Breath Moving, Ha Breath, Two Golden Wheels, Resistance breath (Ocean breath), 4-4-6-2, Body Scan, Heart-focused Breath
- How to teach trauma-sensitive BBM practices safely and effectively
- How to adapt BBM practices for special groups: children, veterans, trauma survivors, elderly, and medically-ill clients
- How to integrate work into health services
Course materials included: 1 BBM Manual, 1 Practice CD
Please note, attendees must have previously completed the Breath-Body-Mind™ Workshop to be eligible for this training.
Early Bird rate of £500 until 30th June.